10 Health Benefits of Relaxation
Please read our COVID-19 Update, especially if you have received your COVID-19 vaccination recently. Continue to scan the QR Code at the front door before you come in, and contact us if you're unwell and need to reschedule. If you have travelled to Australia and were in Melbourne, or elsewhere in the Victoria state after 11 May, please ensure that you have followed the directive issued by the NZ Government and get a COVID-19 test if required. Please do NOT come in for massage if you have chosen not to follow the directive.
In this busy, fast-paced world we barely have time to breathe, let alone relax. This article from The Huffington Post gives you 10 clear reasons it's important you learn to relax. It can:
- Reduce your risk of heart attack, high-blood pressure and other heart problems
- Decrease your chance of catching a cold
- Boost your memory and cognitive function
- Lower your risk of stroke
- Help minimise depression by increasing your levels of dopamine & seratonin
- Give you better decision making skills
- Discourage you from eating bad foods - high in sugar and fat
- Reduce skin flare-ups such as pimples, acne or psoriasis
- Improve your sex life
- Slow the progression of breast cancer and speed up recovery
There's many positive ways to relax such as exercising, reading a booking, meditating - and even having a massage!
So, give your body a break and relax.
Posted: Thursday 19 April 2012