10 Health Benefits of Relaxation
Hi everyone. And we're back at Alert Level 2 from Sunday 28 February. Please read our COVID-19 Update, scan the QR Code at the front door before you come in, and contact us if you're unwell and need to reschedule.
In this busy, fast-paced world we barely have time to breathe, let alone relax. This article from The Huffington Post gives you 10 clear reasons it's important you learn to relax. It can:
- Reduce your risk of heart attack, high-blood pressure and other heart problems
- Decrease your chance of catching a cold
- Boost your memory and cognitive function
- Lower your risk of stroke
- Help minimise depression by increasing your levels of dopamine & seratonin
- Give you better decision making skills
- Discourage you from eating bad foods - high in sugar and fat
- Reduce skin flare-ups such as pimples, acne or psoriasis
- Improve your sex life
- Slow the progression of breast cancer and speed up recovery
There's many positive ways to relax such as exercising, reading a booking, meditating - and even having a massage!
So, give your body a break and relax.
Posted: Thursday 19 April 2012